MARIE ANTOINETTE LAVENDER SACHET STOCKING

MARIE ANTOINETTE LAVENDER SACHET STOCKING

MARIE ANTOINETTE ICE SKATE LAVENDER SACHET

MARIE ANTOINETTE ICE SKATE LAVENDER SACHET

Saturday, April 26, 2008

HAVING FUN DECORATING WITH VINTAGE FABRICS








We have been dowsizing and updating and I am having fun creating my own style with vintage fabric. I think it is so important for everyone to put their own signature on their decorating so that it does not look like any one else's home. Yesterday I decorated the master bath. We have large mirrors in the sink and vanity dressing room area. We had these framed out with moulding and the result was spectacular. It updated the whole effect of the mirrors. I also used tw vintage chenilles on the shower curtain and some wonderful old barkcloth on the commode and tank cover with a flouce of white organdy. I changed out the pictures and added some fresh new towels. I tried to use what I had and only added what was needed like the frames on the mirrors and the shades on the lights...almost everything else I hade except for the new green bath towels.

10 comments:

Lori said...

Pat, i love the idea of a chenille shower curtain, it looks so amazing! isn't that the best decorating, using things you already have in a new way? you did great, your bath looks just lovely!!!

Janice said...

It's all SO beautiful! I love seeing the things you create! You are so right in saying that everyone needs to put their own style and touch into their homes. It's like an artist's signature! :o) I must learn how to make the comode and tank covers...the ones you have made are so adorable! Any tips or instructions to share? :o)
Blessings for a wonderful Sunday!
Janice

Alison Gibbs said...

Isn't it wonderful to do a makeover using things we already have.
Alison

Anonymous said...

Pat, you are so talented! I love the toilet set! So pretty!!

Hugs,

Alecia

vickie said...

Pat, it looks wonderful! Love the shower curtain. Love the colors.

Celestina Marie said...

Hi Pat, just love your use of vintage treasures and fabrics. So inspiring!!!!!!What a talent you are!!

hugs, Celestina,
La Rea Rose

Sharon said...

Pat you did a wonderful job of decorating the bathroom. I especially love the green valance on the shower curtain, it's a very interesting color.

Heidi said...

Very pretty! You have a charming style, that's for sure!

Cheryl Ensom said...

Gorgeous, Pat! I'm loving that shower curtain especially. And those framed mirrors....eeeeeek! Exquistite!

Celestina Marie said...

Hi Pat, just stopping back to say hello and view your wonderful use of fabrics again. I just am so inspired. Have a wonderful weekend.
Celestina, la rea rose