MARIE ANTOINETTE LAVENDER SACHET STOCKING

MARIE ANTOINETTE LAVENDER SACHET STOCKING

MARIE ANTOINETTE ICE SKATE LAVENDER SACHET

MARIE ANTOINETTE ICE SKATE LAVENDER SACHET

Thursday, February 28, 2008

MORE ROD MCKUEN*STANYAN STREET AND OTHER SORROWS*COMFORT


Here is another poem by Rod McKuen for you....he is just sooooooo romantic. I love it!!
If we could do it all again...motor bike through roman cities in the rain....
watch the cats chase lizards in the forum
and drink bad wine from mouth to mouth....
I probably would try to love you harder than I did
I probably would smile a smile much better than the ones you knew
for I was just rehearsing then
imagining what easily might happen
in years to come
it is not just you I love
(or even roman rain)
or all the times you rattled on my window
after twelve o'clock.

I love the smell of rooms_
where you have been
the foreign touch of things I never knew
until you came along.

I even love your enemies
because they drive you into my arms
for comfort.

He is truly taken with her and captures with his pen all the feelings
flowing through his mind and heart. Just soooo WONDERFUL don't you think?
Love surely conquers all.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

SOOO romantic!!! Love this!

Amy

Needled Mom said...

Thanks for visiting my blog.

I, too, have always enjoyed Rod McKuen's works. It's fun to read it again in your blog.

LOVE the ultimate jelly bean jar. It looks so much like spring has arrived.

Lori said...

oh my goodness!!! lovely!!!

Celestina Marie said...

How lovely! what a moving and romantic poem. You can feel the emotion. thank you for sharing.
Celestins,
La Rea Rose

Janice said...

Oh my! I love how his mind works and thinks and puts together the perfect romantic words!

Cheryl Ensom said...

Wow...what a poem! Inspires me to love my "love" more, doesn't it you? Thank you for sharing that with us, Pat.

Anonymous said...

So romantic indeed! Thank you for sharing this beautiful poem! Oh, and I love the Harrison Fischer image!

Alecia

Jenny Prager said...

I was born in 1951 and had all of his poetry in the 70's.
As to this poem, before finding it again online, I could recite most of it from memory.
But then I did not remember the last line...
It ends beautifully.